WordPress 3.4.2 update
Last Updated on Friday, 7 September 2012 03:01 Written by Dan Friday, 7 September 2012 03:00
Fixes and security updates in WordPress 3.4.2 – available today.
- Fixes some issues in the admin area where some older browsers (IE7, in particular) may slow down, lag, or freeze.
- Fixes an issue where a theme may not preview correctly, or its screenshot may not be displayed.
- Fixes the use of multiple trackback URLs in a post.
- Prevents improperly sized images from being uploaded as headers from the customizer.
- Ensures proper error messages can be shown to PHP4 installs. (WordPress requires PHP 5.2.4 or later.)
- Fixes handling of oEmbed providers that only return XML responses.
- Addresses pagination problems with some category permalink structures.
- Adds more fields to be returned from the XML-RPC wp.getPost method.
- Avoids errors when updating automatically from very old versions of WordPress (pre-3.0).
- Fixes problems with the visual editor when working with captions.
Additionally: Version 3.4.2 fixes a few security issues and contains some security hardening. These issues were discovered and addressed by the WordPress security team:
- Fix unfiltered HTML capabilities in multisite.
- Fix possible privilege escalation in the Atom Publishing Protocol endpoint.
- Allow operations on network plugins only through the network admin.
- Hardening: Simplify error messages when uploads fail.
- Hardening: Validate a parameter passed to wp_get_object_terms().
More here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Version_3.4.2Learn More
WordPress 3.3.2 upgrade
Last Updated on Sunday, 22 April 2012 02:25 Written by Dan Sunday, 22 April 2012 02:25
As one of the most actively supported CMS’s in the world, WordPress just gets better and better. With this new update (WordPress 3.3.2) there’s some security fixes and some user enhancements. Attending to workflow is important as many of us already spend a lot of time updating websites and they’ve added some useful updates including improved media updload, jQuery UI and more flexible permalinks. We’re looking forward to using these enhancements and passing on the good news to our clients.
And if you want to discuss how WordPress development can help you, pay a visit to our main site: www.djaonline.co.ukLearn More
Petition to phase out IE6
Last Updated on Tuesday, 2 February 2010 12:05 Written by Dan Tuesday, 2 February 2010 12:05
According to BBC news ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8492862.stm ), there’s a petition been launched calling for the phasing out of Internet Explorer 6 as a web browser. This has been a raging debate for some time, and as the petition reportedly states, the browser which was launched in 2001, “… IE6 has security flaws and uses outdated technology, creating a burden for developers…”Learn More
U.K. : Sci/Tech
- BBC suspends chief technology officer and ends digital plan – after a £100m bill - The Independent
- Google Boss Urges 'Reasonable' Debate On Tax - Sky News
- Global majority faces water shortages 'within two generations' - The Guardian
- FTC Is Said to Begin a New Inquiry on Google - New York Times
- HTC One Google edition: It's real and coming in summer - CNET